Tuesday 19 June 2012

Material Experiments

This stage is slightly tangent works but it was good for material experiments.
I thought that there are many elements to make traces which are maker, user, nature, time and material itself.



This is made by plaster. I press the top of this before dry.



This is made by steel and also, I hit this by hammer to make sink the top of the box.


I dipped a sponge into liquid porcelain and put weigt on top.
After drying, it is fired into a kiln. Thus the sponge could melt and only porcelain has left.


This sponge could wet easily but once dry, it can be fix the previous form.



I melted the candle to fill out the box and then, melted again to make a sink the top.



This is made by alum. I melted alum in hot water and put a thread into a melted alum water.
After a week, the crystal could appear.


This is same method to make a crystal but different shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment